If you are trained as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, a Sacristan, a Reader/Commentator, or as an Altar Server, please contact the parish office. We need help filling these positions for all of our Masses, specifically the 4:00PM on Saturdays and the 11:30AM on Sundays at St. Catherine Church. Thank you for your help during these unprecedented times!
Parish Updates 05/15/2020
To all families of Our Lady on the River Parish:
As many of you have heard, Archbishop Vigneron has released new guidelines for parishes to resume the celebration of Mass throughout the Archdiocese of Detroit. These directives can be found at aod.org. Please know that OLR staff is working diligently on maintaining a safe, reverent environment for all of our parishioners. We ask that all parishioners observe the following schedule changes and guidelines with patience and respect:
Our new Mass schedule will be as follows:
- Saturdays: 4:00 PM at St. Catherine Church & 6:00 PM at Holy Cross Church (Holy Cross Mass will be livestreamed)
- Sundays: 9:30 AM at Holy Cross Church, 11:30 AM at St. Catherine Church, 10:00 AM at St. Mark Chapel
- Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 AM at St. Catherine Church
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:00 AM at Holy Cross Church
For the foreseeable future, we will be adhering to the following guidelines:
- Seating in the church buildings will be limited to 25% capacity until further notice. To accommodate, we will arrange overflow seating in the activity centers, as well as in the gym at Holy Cross. Ushers will seat all parishioners.
- It is of the utmost importance that all parishioners follow the directions given by Fr. Terrien and Fr. Lapeyre during the distribution of the Eucharist. Instructions will be given during Mass, and there will be ushers to guide you. Please maintain a safe distance between yourself and other parishioners at all times.
- Per the directives given to us by Archbishop Vigneron, all parishioners are to wear a face mask while on church grounds. The only time face masks can be removed is during the reception of the Eucharist, further directions on this will be given by Father at Mass.
- The maintenance staff is doing everything possible to keep the church buildings safe and sanitized. Each building will be properly cleaned after each Mass. Please do your part by disposing of any disposable gloves or masks in the trash receptacles provided.
Let us know if there is anything your parish can do for you! Please send any prayer requests to Cassidy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in helping us contact parishioners to spread this information, please contact the parish office at 810-765-3568.
For Archbishop Vigneron’s letter and guidelines on the resumption of Mass, click here.
WE’RE UPDATING OUR PARISH RECORDS!
We’re asking all of our parishioners to fill out a Parishioner Update Form with their most current contact and family information! We hope to improve our communication with all of our parishioners, so please take a few minutes to fill out the form and drop it off in the parish office or at Mass in the offertory baskets! The form can also be found in the bulletin!
Holy Cross Catholic School
618 S Water St
Marine City, MI 48039
PH: 810-765-3591 FAX: 810-765-9074
Mrs. Betsy Davenport, Principal